6.0528 Last Words on Desiderata (2/24)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 17 Feb 1993 15:39:34 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0528. Wednesday, 17 Feb 1993.

(1) Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1993 17:02:20 -0500 (11 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)
Subject: non desiderata

(2) Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1993 18:31:58 -0500 (EST) (13 lines)
From: jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu (James O'Donnell)
Subject: Desiderata

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1993 17:02:20 -0500
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (W. McCarty)

There are two problems here: (1) that Desiderata should attract so
much attention, and (2) that the attention lavished on it should
appear without apparent restraint or constraint on Humanist. Polonius
centre stage, indeed. Have we not better drama, better desires?

Willard McCarty