6.0557 Rs: Year 0; Humanities Active Learning (3/44)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 25 Feb 1993 14:36:36 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0557. Thursday, 25 Feb 1993.

(1) Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1993 08:31:14 (10 lines)
From: koontz@alpha.bldr.nist.gov (John E. Koontz)
Subject: Re: 6.0550 Rs: Year 0 (3/71)

(2) Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1993 15:11 EST (10 lines)
From: "Peter Graham, Rutgers U., (908) 932-2741"
<GRAHAM@ZODIAC.BITNET>

(3) Date: Tue, 23 Feb 93 15:27:17 PST (24 lines)
From: robert_judd@csufresno.edu
Subject: Re: humanities active learning

Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1993 08:31:14
From: koontz@alpha.bldr.nist.gov (John E. Koontz)

In regard English-speaking students' confusion over the base event in the
various Christian (European) dating schemes, I suspect that misanalysis of
A[nno] D[omini] as A[fter] D[eath] may have something to do with it. It is
a bit confusing that AD is based on a Latin phrase, while B[efore] C[hrist]
is based on an English phrase (in English usage!).