6.0609 Genealogical Computing Cover Article (1/21)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 22 Mar 1993 14:21:34 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0609. Monday, 22 Mar 1993.

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 93 08:01:04 -0500
From: ac853@medina.freenet.edu (Harry D. Liggett)
Subject: GENEALOGICAL COMPUTING ARTICLE

I thought you might be interested in the cover article of
Genealogical Computing magazine (Jan/Feb/Mar 1993) "What
Internet Can Do for You."

The article discusses genealogical applications, access to
libraries and a little history.

A paragraph that really caught my eye was this:

"As a regular person you are not *entitled* to free access to
Internet as you traditionally may have dealt with public
libraries. This is the 90s folks, and the market economy is
the way things are going. The free library is done and the
gates of knowledge are fully open only to those with coins
(or plastic cards) in their pockets."

I hope he is wrong.

Harry Liggett, 544 N. Firestone Blvd., Akron, OH 44301-2254
Internet: ac853@medina.cwru.edu FidoNet: 1/157.100.13