6.0644 Rs: Menus (4/52)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 6 Apr 1993 11:13:46 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0644. Tuesday, 6 Apr 1993.

(1) Date: Mon, 5 Apr 93 11:30:00 PST (16 lines)
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate.sfsu.edu
Subject: Menus (R)

(2) Date: 04 Apr 1993 11:34:00 +1100 (12 lines)
From: FRN373B@vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Subject: Re: 6.0641 Qs: Menu S/W

(3) Date: Fri, 2 Apr 93 23:06:40 CST (13 lines)
From: Norman Hinton <hinton@eagle.sangamon.edu>
Subject: Menu software

(4) Date: 02 Apr 1993 22:33:54 -0600 (CST) (11 lines)
From: RICHARD JENSEN <CAMPBELLD@APSU.BITNET>

Date: Mon, 5 Apr 93 11:30:00 PST
From: Michael_Kessler.Hum@mailgate.sfsu.edu

system he uses will need batch files to some degree if he wants to use
variables AND have the menu system consume little memory. Choices may
depend on the LAN being used, but DOUGMENU for the Novell system is
very popular and requires very little memory. A very big plus is that
it is free. Another one is Mountain Menus which I find easier to
manipulate because it has incorporated a menu building facility. But
it is not free. I use batch files with Mountain Menus, and my
impression is that Dougmenu does the same. Dougmenu can be found by
using Archie and searching for dmenu168.zip.

Michael_Kessler@HUM.SFSU.EDU