6.0662 INFO: CD-ROM Sophia; CETH on RLIN; Poetry Index (3/103)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 9 Apr 1993 16:05:49 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 6, No. 0662. Friday, 9 Apr 1993.

(1) Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 13:33:52 +0300 (32 lines)
From: jslindst@waltari.Helsinki.FI (Jouko Lindstedt)
Subject: Sophia: European Databases in the Humanities

(2) Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1993 09:40:57 -0500 (EST) (20 lines)
From: jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu (James O'Donnell)
Subject: Rutgers e-archive on RLIN

(3) Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1993 23:06:38 -0400 (EDT) (51 lines)
From: Paul Jones <pjones@mento.oit.unc.edu>
Subject: POETRY's 6 year index available for searching

Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 13:33:52 +0300
From: jslindst@waltari.Helsinki.FI (Jouko Lindstedt)

Fellow humanists will perhaps be interested in a CD-ROM disc called
"Sophia", containing a collection of European databases in the
humanities. I have not yet much experience as its user, but the few
searches I've done in it have been rewarding. The databases included
are Philis (Dusseldorf), Sucoline (South Jutland, Esbjerg), Ungarische
Bibliographie fuer Volkskunde, Donnerska Institutet (Abo/Turku), East
European and Soviet Studies (London & Berlin), Oesterreichische
historische Bibliographie (Klagenfurt), Internationael Bibliographie
zur deutschen Klassik (Stiftung Weimarer Klassik), Referatendienst zur
Literaturwissenschaft (Berlin), Blaise from the British Library, ATLA
-- Eastern Orthodox Church. In some of these, abstracts are included.
The disc seems to be useful at least for philosophers and historians.

The disc also contains the software needed (Dataware). The price is
7200 Finnish marks or 1800 dollars (the first one is now lower!).
Orders and inquiries should be sent to Henri Broms, Honkatie 1 A,
00270 Helsinki, Finland. I am not connected with the publisher of the
disc, I do not get any profit from its sales, and do not carry any
responsibility of the disc's contents.

Jouko Lindstedt
Institutum Slavicum, Universitas Helsingiensis
Department of Slavonic Languages, University of Helsinki
<jslindst@waltari.Helsinki.Fi> or <Jouko.Lindstedt@Helsinki.Fi>
letters: P.O.Box 4, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
fax: +358-0-1912974