7.0147 Qs: E-Texts from Intelex (1/21_

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 1 Sep 1993 10:58:12 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0147. Wednesday, 1 Sep 1993.

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 93 15:48:00 PDT
From: <DGH@herald.divinity.yale.edu>
Subject: Intelex Corp. "Past Masters" series

Cross-posting to Humanist and ATLANTIS. Usual apologies to those who subscribe
to both.

I have before me a small catalog from Intelex Corp. outlining a series of
electronic texts which they call "Past Masters." The series includes the
Complete works of Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas, as texts from several
prominent British philosophers, the works of Kierkegaard, and the published
works of Wittgenstein. Apparently, they will supply the texts on magnetic
media or on custom CD-ROM's. The software is Folio VIEWS for DOS platforms
and HyperKRS for the Mac. The price for the databases seem quite reasonable.

Has anyone had any experience with this company and their products? Can you
comment on the quality and usefulness of the texts? Some of the descriptions
are more specific that others about the source of the text, and I would like
some firsthand opinions.

Thank you.

Duane Harbin
Information Services Librarian