7.0182 Rs: Female Lit/Crit; S/W Tools; Robin Alston (3/59)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 13 Sep 1993 15:30:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0182. Monday, 13 Sep 1993.

(1) Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 17:28:25 MDT (19 lines)
From: "Dr. S. Totosy" <STOTOSY@UALTAVM>
Subject: 7.0178 Qs: E-Address; Female Lit/Crit Theorists

(2) Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 22:43:40 -0400 (18 lines)
From: mcc@timessqr.gc.cuny.edu (George McClintock)
Subject: 7.0179 R: Software Tools

(3) Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1993 10:55 EDT (22 lines)
From: John Lavagnino <LAV@BINAH.CC.BRANDEIS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Robin Alston's lecture

Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 17:28:25 MDT
From: "Dr. S. Totosy" <STOTOSY@UALTAVM>

From: Dr. S. Totosy
Comparative Literature
University of Alberta
For Prof. Hayward: If you read German, Gisela Brinker-Gabler's DIE FRAU
IN DER GESELLSCHAFT: FRUEHE TEXTE - ZUR PSYCHOLOGIE DER FRAU (Frankfurt:
Fischer, 1978) has such, although the book covers other types of early
women's theoretical writings. The span is about 1876 to the Interwar period.
Also, Elizabeth K. Helsinger, Robin Lauterbach Sheets, and William Veeder,
eds. THE WOMAN IN QUESTION, vol. I Society and Literature in Britain and
America, 1837-1883: Defining Voices and vol. II Society and Literature in
Britain and America, 1837-1883: Literary Issues (Chicago and London: The U
of Chicago P, 1983) has early women theorists.

Regards,
S. Totosy