7.0269 Qs: PMC; GST; Lab Design; Heidegger/Cyberspace (3/93)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sat, 23 Oct 1993 07:50:12 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0269. Saturday, 23 Oct 1993.

(1) Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 22:31:10 -0400 (EDT) (32 lines)
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)
Subject: PMC and GST

(2) Date: Thu, 21 Oct 93 20:31:07 PST (36 lines)
From: "William Winder" <winder@unixg.ubc.ca>
Subject: Computer lab design

(3) Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1993 18:20:38 -0400 (EST) (25 lines)
From: Antony Dugdale <antdugl@minerva.cis.yale.edu>
Subject: Heidegger and Cyberspace

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1993 22:31:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: lenoblem@ERE.UMontreal.CA (Lenoble Michel)

First, does anyone on the list know whether Post Modern Culture
is still reachable at the same address:

listserv@ncsuvm.cc.ncsu.edu

--------------------------------

Second, I find it strange that an american book publisher/distributer
charges GST (General Sales Tax = Canadian tax) to its canadian
customers.

- Do they repay the amount to the Canadian Revenue Department? (I doubt
it)
- Are they legally entitled to do so? (I doubt it)
- Do they make more profit by charging GST? (I am just asking)

Did anyone on the list have the same experience?

Michel.
--
Michel Lenoble           |
Litterature Comparee     |        NOUVELLE ADRESSE - NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS