7.0283 Rs: Concordances; CMC (2/23)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 2 Nov 1993 15:45:04 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0283. Tuesday, 2 Nov 1993.

(1) Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 08:38:13 -0600 (11 lines)
From: Alan D Corre <corre@convex.csd.uwm.edu>
Subject: Concordances

(2) Date: Mon, 01 Nov 93 18:10:07 CST (12 lines)
From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@SMSVMA>
Subject: Re: 7.0273 CFPs: CMC

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 93 08:38:13 -0600
From: Alan D Corre <corre@convex.csd.uwm.edu>

In the current issue of Computers and the Humanities (26, page 463) I have
a review of a concordance program, and point out that much as the computer
helps in manufacturing concordances, a good deal of human work remains to
be done. I would agree, though, that making a concordance is not a very
high level of scholarly achievement, however you do it.