7.0328 Qs: Lexicon Sampling; Speculum home wanted (2/40)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 3 Dec 1993 14:48:42 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0328. Friday, 3 Dec 1993.

(1) Date: Wed, 1 Dec 93 11:36:05 -0500 (22 lines)
From: eng_zuchowsk@emunix.emich.edu
Subject: request for posting a query

(2) Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1993 17:21:12 -0500 (EST) (18 lines)
From: RUTH STERNGLANTZ <STRNGLNTZ@NYUACF.BITNET>
Subject: run of Speculum available

Date: Wed, 1 Dec 93 11:36:05 -0500
From: eng_zuchowsk@emunix.emich.edu

This looks more like an item for Humanist.

I received this address from a colleague of mine and I'm not sure what the
procedure is but I would really appreciate it if you could either post my
query to your list or let me know what I need to do to sign up and post it
myself. I've already tried with the Linguist list but the response to my
query was not satisfactory. My message runs as follows;

I'm looking for sources on phoneme frequencies in French based on a
L e x i c o n sample; not text samples. I'm also looking for a French-English
dictionary of onomatopoeia or any list of French onomatopoeic words,
preferably translated into English. I would very much appreciate complete
information about each source and, if possible, where they can be located.
Thanks a lot in advance. Rafal Zuchowski.

Thank you very much for your help,
Rafal Zuchowski.