7.0344 Rs: Wired; Philip K Dick (3/49)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 16 Dec 1993 17:54:11 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0344. Thursday, 16 Dec 1993.

(1) Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 15:41:20 -0500 (11 lines)
From: cedwards@acs.bu.edu (Christopher Edwards)
Subject: Re: 7.0325 Wired (1/18)

(2) Date: 16 Dec 1993 00:18:06 -0500 (CDT) (20 lines)
From: MCSWAIN@Acd.Tusk.Edu
Subject: Re: 7.0338 Rs: Biblio S/W; Philip Dick; Wired (3/58)

(3) Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 12:05:45 +0000 (GMT) (18 lines)
From: Stephen Clark <srlclark@liverpool.ac.uk>
Subject: Philip K Dick

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 93 15:41:20 -0500
From: cedwards@acs.bu.edu (Christopher Edwards)

I also recommend WIRED. It is philosophical enough and far-reaching enough
to appeal to academics. The editors are interested in concepts and ideas
rather than new toys (although there are plenty of new toy advertisers).
The editors haven't had their noses punched yet by the realities of publishing
today (ie. subs vs. costs vs. advertisers). I suspect and fear the publicatio
will be toned down soon. It's definitely worth a look. -Chris Edwards
CEdwards@acs.bu.edu