7.0456 Follow-up: Univ. of Alberta (2/83)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 2 Feb 1994 18:23:38 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0456. Wednesday, 2 Feb 1994.

(1) Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 21:23:56 -0500 (EST) (25 lines)
From: P_MCNAMARA@UNHH.UNH.EDU
Subject: RE: 7.0446 Funding at the University of Alberta (1/77)

(2) Date: Mon, 31 Jan 94 21:44:50 MST (58 lines)
From: John Morris <JMORRIS@UALTAVM>
Subject: More on 19.5 per cent cuts in Alberta

Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 21:23:56 -0500 (EST)
From: P_MCNAMARA@UNHH.UNH.EDU

John,

sorry to here about your plight. sounds horrible. But let me ask a question
that might occur to others here. Why can't you turn to the student population
and say education just got a lot more expensive here? I'm not aware of how your
system works there. So maybe this makes no sense. But others might need to
be informed also.

At our senate mon, we were introduced to and had a brief talk from our new
president of the Univ foundation. They raise money via gifts, trusts, etc.
they are closely aligned wtih our alumni center. It sounded promising.
sounded like they had done quite a lot in Texas (A & M, or austin?).

We are downsizing here by 5%. But that's the little leagues compared to
your plight.

I wish you well.

sincerely,

Paul