7.0515 Rs: Typing S/W; Spanish Texts; Indexing (3/83)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 23 Feb 1994 22:43:37 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0515. Wednesday, 23 Feb 1994.

(1) Date: 23 Feb 1994 05:55:47 +0200 (27 lines)
From: Charles.Hadley@cism.univ-lyon1.fr
Subject: Typing S/W

(2) Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 21:39:59 -0800 (PST) (30 lines)
From: Charles Faulhaber <cbf@athena.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: 7.0511 Qs: Spanish Texts on CD-ROM

(3) Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 11:15:23 CST (26 lines)
From: bnielsen@merle.acns.nwu.edu
Subject: Book indexing software

Date: 23 Feb 1994 05:55:47 +0200
From: Charles.Hadley@cism.univ-lyon1.fr

HELMUT FELDWEG writes, regarding indexing S/W: "...it would be very
helpful to have some program that allows entry completion, so that it
is no longer necessary to type a complete entry once that entry has
been entered into the index. E.g., one types SY and the system
completes to SYNTA since SYNTAX and SYNTACTIC are already in the

_TypeIt4Me_, a Mac shareware program written by Riccardo Ettore, tho
it is not indexing S/W, might be of use. It performs _almost _ exactly
the task described: on typing SYX, for example, it could be configured to
expand to SYNTAX, SYC might expand to SYNTACTIC. It is available on
ftp sites, and registration ($30) brings the latest version. I use it
constantly.

Charles C. Hadley

work: ! home:
Faculte des Langues ! 39 rue Conde
Universite Jean Moulin Lyon III ! 69002 Lyon, France
74 rue Pasteur ! telephone +33 78 92 82 14
69007 Lyon France !