7.0568 Rs: Dutch Publishers; Titles in Renais. England (2/89)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sun, 13 Mar 1994 20:49:04 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0568. Sunday, 13 Mar 1994.

(1) Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 11:37:11 -0800 (68 lines)
From: CRAIG WALTON <cwalton@nevada.edu>
Subject: Dutch publishers

(2) Date: Sun, 13 Mar 94 10:54:16 CST (21 lines)
From: "Jim Marchand" <marchand@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Titles in Renaissance England

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 1994 11:37:11 -0800
From: CRAIG WALTON <cwalton@nevada.edu>

TO Elaine Brennan: A few days ago someone gave the e-mail address of a Dutch
publisher, and asked if any other Dutch publishers allowed book purchases by
e-mail. Since I have two books in the "International Archives of the History
of Ideas" with Kluwer (used to be Martinus Nijhoff), I faxed them and asked
whether or not they allow e-mail ordering. Here is the reply, in case you would
like to post it:Dear Colleagues; In response to the recent message about whether

or not other publishers in the Netherlands might accept book

orders via e-mail, I asked Kluwer Academic Publishers if this were

possible. They publish the "International Archives of the History of

Ideas" and other series. Here is the reply from Maja de Keijzer:

"I investigated the possibility of ordering our books via

modern media: It is possible to order our books and journals via

fax (see below) and even via email with a specification of the

credit-card number. However, as it is a legal obligation to have an

original signature with an order it is impossible to directly send the

book upon receipt of the emailorder, even if we have the creditcard

number. Instead a pro-forma invoice will be sent to the client and

upon receipt of payment, the book(s) will be forwarded.

The email address for ordering books is:

HANS.DEVOGT(@)WKAP.NL

I will also quote the routine ordering information from

Kluwer Academic Publishers: Orders from individuals

accompanied by payment or authorization to charge a credit card

account will ensure prompt delivery. Postage and handling on such

orders will be absorbed by the publishers. All book series are

available on continuation order which may commence or be

cancelled at any time. New volumes are billed and shipped upon

publication. Orders can be sent to the regular supplier or to

Kluwer Academic Publishers, Distribution Center, P.O. Box 322,

3300 AH Dordrecht, The Netherlands. Tel.: (0)78 - 524400. Fax:

(0)78 - 524474. Customers in the USA, Canada and Mexico may

use the USA-address: Kluwer Academic Publishers, P.O. Box 358,

Accord Station, Hingham, MA 02018-0358, USA. Tel.: (617)

871-6600 (for creditcard customers only) or Fax: (617) 871 6528.
signed, Craig Walton (UNiversity of Nevada, Las Vegas)