7.0606 Book Honoring Yanakiev (1/318)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sat, 9 Apr 1994 15:16:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 7, No. 0606. Saturday, 9 Apr 1994.

Date: Thu, 07 Apr 94 16:38:02 BG
From: Milena <DOBREVA@BGEARN>
Subject: submission on book

Scientific Articles
On the Occasion of the Seventeeth Anniversary
of Professor Miroslav Yanakiev.

Sofia, 1993

First edition , 389 p.

Compiled by Nadejda Deleva, Alexander Ivanov.

Technical Design - Boyko Kacharmazow

Price - $20 (including the postage).

Publishing House: 1993 Boyko Kacharmazov Sole Prop.
tel. ++359 (2) 584 928
Bulgaria Str. bl.2, entr.1
1680 Sofia
Bulgaria

There is a bibliography of publications of Professor Miroslav
Yanakiev. There is a survey in Bulgarian, Russian and English.
There are two indexes: an index of scientific quotes and names of
scientists and writers, mentioned in the book, and an index
of terms.

SURVEYS

Alexander Ivanov

The Way To a New Humanism
(On the Occasion of 70 Anniversary of Prof. M.Yanakiev's Birthday)
(Bulgarian)

This article makes a review of Prof. M. Yanakiev's total
research works from the end of 40-th years till nowadays.
The author bases on the view that M. Yanakiev has open up a
way to overcome the crisis in philology of the XX
century.That way enlarges the subject of science and traces
out human designations, which will have an important place in
the XXI century.

S.B.Bernshtein

On the Occasion of 70 Anniversary of Prof. M. Yanakiev's Birthday
(Bulgarian)

The article begins with a review of N. Haytov's book "The
Magic Mirror", in which the Bulgarian writer chalenges some
of M. Yanakiev's conceptions. The autor's opinion is that the
book is emotionaly coloured and is not scientific. He highly
estimates Prof. Yanakiev as a scientist and recommends
glottometry to become an obligatory subject in the education
of students of philology.

Maya Bayramova

When M.Yanakiev's "Stylistics Notes" Appeared - a Little While
Ago and Much Time After That
(Bulgarian)

The author, who assisted much in publication of M. Yanakiev's
"Notes", speaks about the appearance of this book. She
describes the scientific circle, where Prof. Yanakiev worked
and goes on working.

Ernest Scatton

Low Vowels in the History of Bulgarian Dialects
(English)

>From the viewpoint of generative phonology the author gives a new
interpreting of a historical development of low vowels after
alveopalatal consonants, that differs from Stoyko Stoykov's
conception.

Vyara Maldgieva

The Grammatical Information in Two-Way Dictionaries as a
Linguistic Problem
(Bulgarian)

The two-way and explanatory dictionaries in Bulgarian, Polish and Russian are
critically reviewed according to the way the grammatical
information is described. The author suggests a concrete
research programme for improving the grammatical information
in the dictionaries.

Borjana Velcheva

Historical Phonology or Historical Phonetics?
(Bulgarian)

The author grounds the conception that it's not suitable to
speak about "historical phonetics" towards dead languages,
for which tape recordings are missing, and especialy towards
Old Bulgarian. It's better to speak about "historical
phonology".

A.E.Suprun

About the Canon's Lexical Structure in the Service of St. Cyrill
(Special Lexical Dominants)
(Russian)

This article analysis the lexical structure of the service of
St. Cyrill. The author uses the copy from the 11th-12th century,
published by P.A.Lavrov. He gives many statistic data and
fixes three topic themes (lexical dominants).

Yezhi Rusek

The Middle Bulgarian Word "fist" (kulak)
(Bulgarian)

The author's attention is captured by that rather unusual
word, which he found in a Middle Bulgarian prologue from the
14-th century. This, probably, supports the slavonic etimology of
the word, allthough the matter is not definitly settled.

V.P.Gudcov

>From the History of the Comparative-Historical Method in
Russian Linguistics
(Russian)

The author defends his opinion, that the history of reception
of the comparative-historical method in Russian linguistics
is not properly interpreted. He pays attention to
A.A.Cotliarevsky's publications from 1859, which work out in
detail the pattern, shown by V.V.Kolesov.

B.U.Norman

Between Lexis and Syntax
(To the Semantics of Relative Adjectives)
(Russian)

The author points, that some of the relative adjectives
are predominantly a result of shortening of some
bigger syntactical constructions and they can't be explaned
by lexically-semantics changes. That also explains the
enlargement of their distributive characteristics.

I. A. Sedakova

About Some Retorts-Cliche in Bulgarian Folk Language
(Russian)

This article analysis some types of retorts-cliche in Bulgarian
Folk language. These retorts are stimulated by a word in
previous speech and their purpose is to stop the communication, to
chandge the subject of conversation or to correct the way the
interlocuter speaks.

A.G.Shirocova

Multifunctionality of Some Subordinating Condjunctions in Colloquiel
Czech Speech
(Russian)

The author considers in details the condjunction "jak". She compares
its functions in colloquiel speech to literary speech and gives practical
recommendations.

N.E.Ananieva

About One Functional-Semantic Pecularity of The Polish Verb
(Russian)

That article points the possibility to express repeated or
continuos actions by past verbal forms in perfective aspect
in Polish. The author makes a comparison with different dialects,
with Czech and Slovak languages , with the documents
from 15th - 17th century. She describes a wider Indo-European
context of the occurance.

R.M.Frumkina

The Linguistic Gestalts and the Problem of Presenting of Knowledge
(Russian)

Both, on the grounds of review of the exist researches and on the
basis on her own researches, the author bases on the conception, that
complicated objects from our reality, for example, obscure
case of ilness, can be identified more likely gestalts, than
by logical implications.The language constructions which
realise or assist to create or identify these gestalts are
rather fascinating object of research.

N.V.Cotova

The Glottometry and the Problem of the Beginning of the New
Period in the History of Bulgarian Literary Language
(Russian)

The author shows many different opinions about the beginning
of the New Bulgarian literary language and after that she
takes notes of M. Yaroslavska's little-known glottometrical
research on that problem from 1968. In connection with this
work, which uses monomorpha as a measure of length of the
text, this article discusses the possibility to use different
measures. The author presents her own research on the ten
morphemes, the most frequently founded, which are significant
for defining the grammatical structure of the text. She
expresses the reasons for the different conceptions about
the beginning of the New Bulgarian literary language and
specifies the earlier period of its origin.

V.N.Glivinskaya

About the Glottometrical Descriptions of the Preposition-
Prefix Morpheme " –" in Bulgarian and in Russian
(Bulgarian)

This is a presize glottometric research on morpheme – like a
prepozition and like a prefix. The distribution of that
morpheme in Russian doesn't give possibility to differentiate
texts from separate styles, while in Bulgarian that morpheme
divides scientific and publicistic texts, on the one hand,
and dramaturgycal and fictional, on the other hand. The
differences between Russian and Bulgarian on that criterion
don't surpass inner style differences in Bulgarian and owing
to the same reasons - the development of the possesive usage
of that morpheme in Bulgarian.

Cornelia Ilieva

The Semantics-Syntax Functions in Data Base of the Bulgarian
Linguistic Processor
(Bulgarian)

After the critical review of the exist systems of semantic-
syntax functions, the author proposes a system from 36
semantic-syntax functions. She studies their appearance in
different syntax positions and their distribution between
Bulgarian prepositions. The author believes, that this way
the computer syntax analisys of Bulgarian sentence can be
improved.

Lydia Dachkova

Learners' Ideas of Studying a Foreign Language
(English)

The author presents the results from her own researches among
learners English about : 1.The most useful in studying a
foreign language; 2. The most difficult in studying a foreign
language; 3. The most important in studying a foreign language.

Ljubima Yordanova
Kolcho Kovachev
(Bulgarian)

Two Computer Uni-Lingual Dictionaries of the New Words in Bulgarian

L. Yordanova compiled two dictionaries of the new words in
Bulgarian (for the 70-th and 80-th years) and K.Kovachev
made their computer realization. The object of this article
is mainly the computer realization of the dictionaries.

Nicola Georgiev

Is There a Theory of Literature in This Class?
(Bulgarian)

With sense of humour the author studies the relations between
the different directions in theory of literature in our
century. He fixes six types relations between literary texts.
The author emphasizes that the list is not final. Allthough
the conclusions are optimistic - there is still a theory of
literature.

Ivan Dobrev

About the Old Bulgarian Verse and About the Metrics of Bulgarian
Folk Song
(Bulgarian)

The author compares the metrics of three Old Bulgarian poems
from the end of the 9-th and the beginning of the 10-th
century to Bulgarian folk songs. He fixes the similarity and
corrects some earlier conceptions.

Miroslav Dachev

Speculum Speculorum
(Bulgarian)

The author presents an exact research on semiotic functions of
speculum and speculorum in the poetics of Bulgarian symbolism. He
describes the way this system had been shaken to pass to the
poetics of expressionism.

Raya Kuncheva

About the Spoken Form of Folk Song like an Object of Research in
"Study of the Bulgarian Verse"
(Bulgarian)

The model of study of Miroslav Yanakiev is critically examined and
compared to tne model of Roman Yacobson. The author
traces out the prospects for new researches.

Blagovest Zlatanov

The Scientific Model of Miroslav Yanakiev's "Study of the
Bulgarian Verse"
(Bulgarian)

This article presents a viewpoint of the appearance of
M.Yanakiev's book as a result of overcoming and, at the same time,
inheritis the features, which are typical of structuralism.