8.0120 Qs: Windows dead-key macros; RUMBA (2/33)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 27 Jul 1994 20:15:31 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0120. Wednesday, 27 Jul 1994.

(1) Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 15:19:02 -0400 (EDT) (20 lines)
From: Michael Kliffer <kliffer@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>
Subject: Windows dead-key macros

(2) Date: Wed, 27 Jul 1994 07:38:00 PST (13 lines)
From: leeww@klee (Lee Wan Wai)
Subject: RUMBA

Date: Mon, 25 Jul 1994 15:19:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Michael Kliffer <kliffer@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca>

Hello All,
I'd be grateful to hear from people who have found a Windows
equivalent to the DOS keyboard reconfiguration programme SMARTKEY, whose
California distributors went defunct several years ago. The best feature
of Smartkey was the SuperShift, the ability to designate any key as a
dead key, thus doubling the number of characters that can be produced
easily, i.e. with a maximum of 2 strokes. I am still using Smartkey for DOS
applications within Windows, but this TSR is impossible to activate
with Windows programs. I've already tried out shareware like
MacroManager and Accents, but have found nothing with the flexibility of
Smartkey. Thanks in advance for any leads.

Mike Kliffer
kliffer@mcmaster.ca