8.0172 Rs: Carnegie Address; TLG (2/40)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Wed, 7 Sep 1994 16:49:49 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0172. Wednesday, 7 Sep 1994.

(1) Date: Tue, 06 Sep 94 17:59:33 EDT (13 lines)
From: "Elizabeth S. Cziffra" <LISAC@PUCC>
Subject: Re: 8.0167 Qs: E-Spenser; African Lit; Carnegie Report;

(2) Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 17:20:21 -0500 (27 lines)
From: jbaima@Onramp.NET (John Baima)
Subject: Re: 8.0164 R: TLG and Pandora (1/23)

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 94 17:59:33 EDT
From: "Elizabeth S. Cziffra" <LISAC@PUCC>

Re: Carnegie Report.
The US Postal address for the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of
Teaching is:
5 Ivy Lane
Princeton, NJ 08540
Phone: 609-452-1780.

Lisa Cziffra, Data Librarian
Princeton University
(2) --------------------------------------------------------------41----
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 1994 17:20:21 -0500
From: jbaima@Onramp.NET (John Baima)

>The TLG is not accustomed to being faulted with inconsistency and
>(especially) carelessness, and P's comments come as somewhat of a surprise.
> We will look into the matter, and respond in good time.

I would not presume to speak for the TLG, but there is nothing wrong with
the TLG here. I think that everyone who has worked with the TLG for awhile
knows that they have been very careful. While I have found a few, small
anomalies in the PHI disks, I have never found one in the TLG. It is a true
scholarly resource.

>For the moment,
>however: the TLG takes no responsibility for the performance of any
>software developed for use with its CD ROMs.
>
>Theodore F. Brunner

Yes, we make mistakes all by ourselves! I would like to note that my TLG
Workplace matches these words even as an "exact phrase."

John Baima
Silver Mountain Software
jbaima@onramp.net