8.0184 Qs: Letter-Writing; Mournful Celebrations (2/41)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 22:11:28 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0184. Tuesday, 13 Sep 1994.

(1) Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 12:34:51 +0200 (EET) (25 lines)
From: LKOSKI@finabo.abo.fi
Subject: request: letter writing as a genre

(2) Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 10:33:51 -0800 (16 lines)
From: Robert OBrien <robert_obrien@macgate.csuchico.edu>
Subject: Q: mournful celebrations

Date: Tue, 13 Sep 1994 12:34:51 +0200 (EET)
From: LKOSKI@finabo.abo.fi

I would like to place the following request for the members of the Humanist
network:

I am working on Emily Dickinson and her letters, and would like to know more
about letter writing as a genre. I can't seem to be able to find theoretical
works about that subject. The only ones I have managed to find are
Smith-Rosenberg: "Disorderly Conduct" and Faderman: "Surpassing the Love of
Men", both excellent books, but I would like to find more about letter writing
as a genre. I would very much appreciate any information you could provide me
with!

Many thanks in advance,

Lena Koski
]bo Akademi University