8.0192 Rs: Books in Print Online; Celebrations (3/71)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Thu, 15 Sep 1994 17:17:11 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0192. Thursday, 15 Sep 1994.

(1) Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 16:50:45 -0500 (16 lines)
From: jsl001@chief.morningside.edu (Lawrence)
Subject: Re: 8.0189 Q: Books in Print online? (1/7)

(2) Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 08:04:03 -0500 (36 lines)
From: u2re9toh@crrel41.crrel.usace.army.mil (Tim Horrigan)

(3) Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 09:44:11 +0100 (19 lines)
From: viden@trubaduren.hum.gu.se
Subject: mournful celebrations

Date: Wed, 14 Sep 1994 16:50:45 -0500
From: jsl001@chief.morningside.edu (Lawrence)

Based on what I know, Books in Print is only available electronically on a cost
metered basis--usually $24 per hour. The source I us is Knowledge Index, a
nighttime, weekend subset <called Book1> of DIALOG. One handy place to get it is
Compuserve <GO KI>, where you have to be a member.

Electronic BIP is also available on CD-Rom, probably in one or more library
reference rooms on the harvard Campus.

John Lawrence, Philosophy
Morningside College
JSL001@chief.morningside.edu