8.0197 The Language of Humanist (1/10)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 16 Sep 1994 17:55:14 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0197. Friday, 16 Sep 1994.

Date: 16 Sep 1994 09:53:52
From: MARCPIF@IVEMARC.BITNET
Subject: LINGUA FRANCA?

I am just wondering if a discussion list called HUMANIST could invite
its subscribers to communicate in English as a *lingua franca*. I am
Italian, and I can read several languages, but I would prefer very much
to _write_ in Italian. I think that for a French or a German subscriber
it would be much better to write in French or in German, even if they
can speak, read and write in other languages. Il serait impossible
d'ecrire une lettre pareille a une liste de discussion de mathematique
ou de chirurgie, mai je crois che una lista che si chiama HUMANIST non
possa privilegiare die englische Sprache. Invito omnes ad responsionem
Piero Falchetta <marcpif¹ivemarc>