8.0222 Q: Citing E-Texts (1/16)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sat, 1 Oct 1994 14:59:50 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0222. Saturday, 1 Oct 1994.

Date: Fri, 30 Sep 1994 18:40:20 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gary Shawver <gshawver@epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Citing E-Texts

Does anyone out there know what is the procedure for citing an
electronic text of a print edition? What kind of credit should those
who proofed and tagged a text get? As many of you may know, preparing
an e-text can be an intellectually demanding exercise, especially if
one is tagging it. What kind of acknowledgement should this activity
get in scholarly citation? If this is a FAQ which has been archived,
please send me the archive address. Many thanks in advance.
--
Gary W. Shawver                 "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six