8.0276 Call for Abstracts: Grad Conference (1/26)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 08:18:27 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0276. Friday, 21 Oct 1994.

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 94 12:15 CDT
From: TB0WPW1@NIU.BITNET
Subject: Graduate Conference

CALL FOR ABSTRACTS

I would like to call your attention to the 1995
Northern Illinois University Graduate Conference
on Language and Literature scheduled for Saturday,
March 25 and Sunday, March 26, 1995. Organized by
graduate students at Northern Illinois University,
the objective of this conference is to promote graduate
student participation in the academic profession.
Susan Gubar, the keynote speaker, will be speaking
on the following topics: "Feminist Criticism Revisited:
Where Are We Going, Where Have We Been?" (Saturday)
and "White Skin, Black Face: Representation of
Racechange in Twentieth-Century Culture" (Sunday).
There will also be a special session on Film and
Literature.

THE CALL FOR ABSTRACTS ENDS ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 6,
1995. Topics include all periods of American and
British literature, creative writing (submit entire
work), critical theory, film, linguistics, rhetoric and
composition, ethnic studies, gay and lesbian literature,
and textual criticism and bibliography.
Send abstracts to: Conference Director, Department of
English, Northern Illinois University,
DeKalb, IL 60115. Fax: (815)753-0606