8.0279 Wanted: Academic Netpals (1/29)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Fri, 21 Oct 1994 08:23:09 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0279. Friday, 21 Oct 1994.

Date: Tue, 18 Oct 94 15:01 BST
From: R.B.Hardy@ukc.ac.uk
Subject: acad.netpals

I am currently teaching an introductory computer course for first
year humanities students at the University of Kent at Canterbury (UK).

These students are intending to major in a variety of humanities
subjects, from Latin to Communications and Image Studies.

There are about 110 of them.

I am trying to set them up with netpals interested in the
same areas of academic study.

I have available 1) a list of the courses which they are
presently taking, concurrently with my computer course, and
2) a list of the students, their e-mail names, their
intended majors, and the codes of the courses which any
one student is taking. (And I'm working on an awk
program to wrap the whole thing up into one `humanly
readable' file.

Anyone out their in net-land interested in setting some
exchanges up?

Roger Hardy
Lecturer in English and American Literature
University of Kent at Canterbury
Canterbury, UK

email: R.B.Hardy@ukc.ac.uk