8.0329 Rs: HOTS; Cluster analysis (2/45)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Mon, 28 Nov 1994 00:52:51 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0329. Monday, 28 Nov 1994.

(1) Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 10:45:49 -0500 (EST) (15 lines)
From: "DONALD A. COLEMAN (EXT. 2850)" <DACOLEMAN@FAIR1.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 8.0312 Qs (Part 1): HOTS; TA Training (2/61)

(2) Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 15:40:26 GMT (30 lines)
From: lana@rs950.cisi.unito.it (maurizio lana)
Subject: Cluster analysis

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 1994 10:45:49 -0500 (EST)
From: "DONALD A. COLEMAN (EXT. 2850)" <DACOLEMAN@FAIR1.BITNET>

on "HOTS:"

I don't know anything about the use of the word "hots," but it does strike me
that, just perhaps, it might be useful to note that "higher order thinking"
might mean thought of a sort that can be brought to bear profitably on matters
which, before they come to light, could not have been predicted.

Anyone who doesn't think that such thought exists doesn't, in my opinion, under-
stand the liberal education at all.

Don Coleman, Asst. Prof. of phil.