8.0449 Web: Education and Disabilities (1/42)

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sun, 9 Apr 1995 23:22:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 8, No. 0449. Sunday, 9 Apr 1995.

Date: Sun, 09 Apr 1995 15:59:36 -0500 (EST)
From: PROF NORM COOMBS <NRCGSH@RITVAX.BITNET>
Subject: Web page re education and persons with disabilities

New web site devoted to information technology and its access by persons
with disabilities has been established by EASI: Equal access to Software
and Information.

http://www.rit.edu/~easi

EASI is an affiliate of the American Association for Higher Education,
and EASI's mission is to serve as a resource to the higher education
community by providing information and guidance in the area of
access-to-information technologies by individuals with disabilities. We
stay informed about developments and advancements within the adaptive
computer technology field and spread that information to colleges,
universities, K-12 schools, libraries and into the workplace.

If you have a web home page related to the uses of information in
education, business or recreation, your readers may benefit from
learning about ways that adaptive computing can facilitate the use of
such information by persons with disabilities. We hope you will add a
pointer on your home page to our resources. If you believe that EASI's
friends and members would benefit from knowing of your home page, please
send us your url, and we will be happy to check you out.

EASI's information has special areas devoted to problems related to
science, engineering and math for persons with disabilities: library
access for patrons with disabilities and also an area devoted to back
issues of the electronic journal, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND
DISABILITIES.

For further information write either:
Dick Banks, rbanks@uwstout.edu
or
Norman Coombs nrcgsh@rit.edu

Our membership is composed of people from colleges, universities,
businesses and other institutions. They include computing staff,
disabled student services staff, faculty, administrators,
vendors, representatives of professional associations, private
consultants, heads of both non-profit and for-profit
organizations, faculty and staff from K-12 schools, and students.