9.0005 Qs: OCR Software; Qualitative v. Quantitative; Computing

Elaine Brennan (EDITORS@BROWNVM.BITNET)
Sun, 7 May 1995 14:18:31 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 9, No. 0005. Sunday, 7 May 1995.

(1) Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 20:36:25 -0400 (20 lines)
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (Willard McCarty)
Subject: OCR software?

(2) Date: Fri, 05 May 1995 18:15:43 +1200 (29 lines)
From: BASTICK_A@usp.ac.fj
Subject: Qualitative or Quantitative research methods?

(3) Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 13:54:07 +0000 (22 lines)
From: Neil.Forsyth@angl.unil.ch (Neil Forsyth)
Subject: Re: Computing and University English Teaching

Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 20:36:25 -0400
From: mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca (Willard McCarty)

I need some quick recommendations for commercially available OCR software
than runs under PC/Windows (preferable for me) or Macintosh OS -- other than
OmniPage Pro, which I have and am familiar with. That one eliminated, what
is best, given all the usual demands of scholarly work? Please mail me a
quick note as well as respond to Humanist.

Thanks.

WM

Willard McCarty, Centre for Computing in the Humanities (Toronto)
(416) 978-3974 voice (416) 978-6519 fax mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca
http://www.cch.epas.utoronto.ca:8080/cch/wm.html