9.160 clarification; request

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sun, 17 Sep 1995 10:21:54 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist

[1] From: JONASSAINT JEAN <k15735@er.uqam.ca> (39)
Subject: Re: 9.157 queries many & interesting

[2] From: JONASSAINT JEAN <k15735@er.uqam.ca> (40)

Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 12:48:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: JONASSAINT JEAN <k15735@er.uqam.ca>

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Humanist wrote:

> Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 9, No. 157.
> Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities (Princeton/Rutgers)
> http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist
>
> [1] From: ATLHMV@puknet.puk.ac.za (13)
> Subject: Query: CAT in literary theory
>
> Dear Fellow-Humanists
>
> Is anybody out there working on computer assisted training in literary
> theory? We are trying to build-up such a training programme/course to
> teach some of the basic concepts and would like to discuss mutual
> problems, like, e.g. which platform is best for developing such a beast?
> Summit, Quest, StorySpace, IconAuthor are some of the authoring
> programmes we know of, but most of the work thus far has been done in
> Visual Basic (which takes a lot of time).
>
> Or are there any lists dedicated to this kind of discussion?
>
> Plse eMail me personally
>
> Many thanks
>
> Hein Viljoen Department of Linguistics and Literary Theory,
> Potchefstroom University for CHE, Potchefstroom, 2520 South Africa
> tel 27-148-299-1501 fax 27-148-299-1562 email atlhmv@puknet.puk.ac.za
>
> [Editor's intrusive note: please also e-mail your replies to Humanist.]

Dear Hein Viljoen,

Idon't have a response to your questions, but a question: "What is
literay theory for you?". It is certainly a naive question, but I am
interested to know what is literary theory for you and others
(humanist) perhaps.

Sincerely yours

Jean Jonassaint
Departement d'Etudes litteraires