9.168 new online review; call for papers

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Tue, 19 Sep 1995 18:19:00 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist

[1] From: Alckmar Luiz dos Santostora (5)
<alckmar@cce.ufsc.br>
Subject: on-line review

[2] From: Seth Katz <seth@bradley.bradley.edu> (32)
From: "H-CLC (BD)" <bdiederi@artsci.wustl.edu>
Subject: Call for Papers

Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 16:51:43 -0500 (CDT)
From: Alckmar Luiz dos Santostora <alckmar@cce.ufsc.br>

I think we are the first university in Latin America that has a on-line
review about Literature (Brazilian literature and literary theory),
ANUARIO DE LITERATURA. You can get the articles (XXth and XIXth centuries
brazilian poetry and novel, XIXth century philosophy and literature,
translations portuguese-french etc.) by ftp anonymous to cce.ufsc.br
(150.162.45.1), directory pub/revistas/anuario.

Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 22:09:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: Seth Katz <seth@bradley.bradley.edu>

I apologize if you receive more than one copy of this posting.

Seth Katz

CALL FOR PAPERS

for a special issue of _COMPUTERS AND THE HUMANITIES_ on

|The Use of Computers in the Teaching of Literature|

and for an anthology on the same topic.

For this special issue of _Computers and the Humanities_, papers should
describe and analyze the use of computer technology in teaching
literature. How are teachers incorporating computer use, both in and out
of the classroom, into curricula, classes, individual lessons? How, for
example, are teachers using on-line or CD-ROM editions of texts? Having
students use CD-ROM and Internet resources as research tools? Using
on-line discussion of and response to texts? Using hypermedia as a
teaching tool? Creating and applying literature-related instructional
software? And what uses of computer technology have particularly
succeeded? Or failed? And why? Papers should focus primarily on
classroom and course-related applications of computer technology. Papers
that relate classroom applications of computer technology to particular
theoretical concerns are also welcome.

The same description applies for submissions for the anthology.

Deadlines: for the special issue of _Computers and the Humanities_,
full papers should be submitted for consideration by
*November 30, 1995*.

For the anthology, inquiries and/or proposals of 2 pages in
length by December 1, 1995; full papers by March 1, 1996.

Papers for both the special issue of _Computers and the Humanities_ and
the anthology should be sent to

Seth Katz or seth@bradley.edu
Department of English
Bradley University