9.242 apologies run after

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 21:54:12 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: Willard McCarty <mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca> (4)
Subject: apologies

[2] From: Robin Cover <robin@utafll.uta.edu> (15)
Subject: Eudora

[3] From: Linda Wright <lwright@cac.washington.edu> (7)
Subject: Mail Option Broken?

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 21:28:24 -0400
From: Willard McCarty <mccarty@epas.utoronto.ca>

Dear colleagues,

Again with the apologies -- this time for (a) my continuing inability to
outwit Eudora, about which Robin Cover in the next meesage gives very
helpful advice; and (b) the messages inadvertently sent out directly to
Humanist without first passing through the usual editorial
process. Simply a human error this time. Thanks to Linda Wright, in the
message after Robin's, for graciously attributing the problem to
software. Of course in the best of all possible worlds, software would be
smart enough to admonish us when we stray from the path of editorial
righteousness. Or perhaps that would not be the best of all possible
worlds. (Warning: North American joke follows.) Just consider Data's
brother....