9.345 new online publications

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 00:04:15 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: James O'Donnell <jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu> (15)
Subject: new on-line essay

[2] From: Russon Wooldridge <wulfric@epas.utoronto.ca> (23)
Subject: TCH Working Papers

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 20:26:16 -0500 (EST)
From: James O'Donnell <jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>

I invite comments and suggestions on a new piece I have written which can
and will have only a WWW representation, due to its HTML-presentation.
It is a study of Augustine's *epistula* 151, in which he reacts to the
judicial murder of his friend, the imperial commissioner Marcellinus. I
call it a discreet epistle, in which layers of implication need to be
untangled. I present it as the Latin text of the letter, with hypertext
glosses and a lengthy parallel essay on the context (the extensive
correspondence with Marcellinus and his friends). To read this piece, go to:

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/jod/augustine.html

and scroll down a bit for "Texts and Commentaries" looking for ep. 151.

Jim O'Donnell
Classics, U. of Penn
jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu