9.351 no good times (or, the meta-virus strikes again)

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 21:28:37 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: "James K. Tauber" <jtauber@tartarus.uwa.edu.au> (161)
Subject: Virus is a Hoax

[2] From: Andrew Burday <andy@dep.philo.mcgill.ca> (83)
Subject: Re: 9.350 Internet virus

[The following two messages are only the first two of many helpful notes
I received, all instructing me that Good Times IS A HOAX! One person
castigated me for perpetuating the hoax. Our local UNIX expert here
simply didn't answer my message in which I asked him about Good Times, so
great must have been his impatience with me for asking such a silly
question. So, we are now all charged to stamp out this rumour. Perhaps,
as one person pointed out, it is the ultimate virus, though someone who
had just been infected with the hard-disk-destroying kind might not
agree. --WM]