9.461 younger and older Humanists

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 18:24:43 -0500 (EST)

http://www.princeton.edu/~mccarty/humanist/

[1] From: Gloria McMillan <gmcmillan@east.pima.edu> (24)
Subject: Re: fate, young scholars, & Humanist

[2] From: Tom Benson 814-865-4201 <T3B@PSUVM.PSU.EDU> (35)
Subject: younger vs. older humanists?

[3] From: Glenn Everett <geverett@UTM.Edu> (11)
Subject: Re: scholars young and old

Date: Mon, 15 Jan 1996 06:45:10 MST
From: Gloria McMillan <gmcmillan@east.pima.edu>

I agree, Willard. There is a crying need for some kind
of support to many of the experimental activities going
on on the Net.

I am quite active at Diversity University MOO: have virt.
classroom, many interactive teaching aids, etc. But the
mere task of finding other classes to link up with is
filled with questions. How to find other class meeting
when mine is? Many logistical problems. Some things sound
great at present, but ppl need to have a site they can
go to for the simple "train schedule-like" info w/o
which they cannot proceed. If that is the case for the
above instance, I'm sure many other projects are lacking
collaborators simply because the parties haven't found
each other...

BTW, a new site for "train schedules" for linking classes:

http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/forums/connections.html

Thanks. I hope ppl take you up on this idea and publish
what they are looking for help/partners to do!

Gloria

gmcmillan@east.pima.edu

http://east.pima.edu/ ESSAY COOPERATIVE

http://pimacc.pima.edu/~gmcmillan/glowww.html