9.482 projects looking for people

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:51:27 -0500 (EST)

[1] From: Robert Kraft <kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu> (331)
Subject: Project Suggestion, for those who need Projects!

[2] From: Robert Kraft <kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu> (41)
Subject: Another Colloborative Project

Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 18:10:44 -0500
From: Robert Kraft <kraft@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>

Apropos the question of matching untapped human resources with needy
projects (as discussed on HUMANIST, if I have my lists straight):

The appended review, which you may have seen already, illustrates one
sort of project that cries out for attention and would require few
special talents beyond the ability to read accurately and to transmit
corrected information to whomever would coordinate it. Identifying such
projects is relatively easy, but coordinating them is something else!
Still, here is a very favorable detailed review that shows how much
still needs to be done in bibliographic/indexing areas, even when we
have made electronic progress with the materials. Add something here
about harvests and workers, but also about supervisors and storehouses!

Bob