9.486 Cognito: online articles

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 18:59:57 -0500 (EST)

[1] From: Paul Brians <brians@wsu.edu> (53 )
Subject: Cognito

>I just recently learned about Cognito, a huge database of articles on a
>wide variety of topics, which delivers full text. It's a commercial
>enterprise, but right now is offering a "free sample." Pretty impressive.
>Try it at http://www.cognito.com/.
>
>Paul Brians, Department of English,Washington State University
>Pullman, WA 99164-5020
>brians@wsu.edu
>http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians

Paul Brians, Department of English,Washington State University
Pullman, WA 99164-5020
brians@wsu.edu
http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians

[Editorial note. The above appears in "quoted" form because it was
initially bounced as if from a non-Humanist. I then sent it back to the
author, who forwarded it back to me with a note about a local (but very
common) problem of using a system that assigns an address other than the
one you think you have. His explanatory message, however, was not thus
blessed; in any case, it arrived without trouble. This inspired me to
take several times the amount of trouble I would have taken had I just fixed
the original sending by hand.... WM]