9.542 H-NET & Humanist

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 17:05:36 -0500 (EST)

[1] From: Tzvee Zahavy <zahavy@andromeda.rutgers.edu> (19)
Subject: H-net

[2] From: David Chesnutt <David.Chesnutt@sc.edu> (22)
Subject: Re: 9.530 H-NET

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 1996 08:15:52 -0500
From: Tzvee Zahavy <zahavy@andromeda.rutgers.edu>

Our list, H-Judaic, joined H-net a while back. There were some discussions
at the time about adjusting our practices to follow the H-net protocols. But
these were resolved without much pain. The main advantage is that we are
part of a community of lists. There is an annual meeting of the
administrators of the lists. So far, I have not gone. There is some funding.
So far, that has not come our way. There is publicity in the Chronicle etc.
And that can be good or bad. And there is a sense of evolving cultural
directions. For starters, that should give you a broad sense of the H-net
connection. As a long-time reader of Humanist, I think the list would
benefit from affiliation with H-net in many intangible ways. So I suggest
pursuing the relationship.
Tzvee
( / ) / /
/