9.592 concordancers

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 20:21:30 -0500 (EST)

[1] From: Remi Jolivet Faculte des Lettres-Linguistique (15)
Subject: Re: 9.589 concordancers?

[2] From: Tony Gonzalez-Walker <tonyg@TC.Cornell.EDU> (13)

[3] From: barlow@ruf.rice.edu (11)
Subject: Windows concordancer -- beta test

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:30:51 +0000
From: Remi Jolivet Faculte des Lettres-Linguistique

Bonjour Willard

>I am compiling an annotated list of concordance packages and would
>appreciate assistance in identifying worthy items and their notable
>attributes.

Dans le domaine des logiciels pour Mac il me semble qu'Hyperbase d'Etienne
Brunet devrait etre mentionne. Cf.:

http://lolita.unice.fr/~brunet/hyperbase.html

Cordialement,

Remi JOLIVET Tel. +41 21 692 30 07
Faculte des Lettres Fax. +41 21 692 30 45
Linguistique Courrier electronique:
BFSH2/4087 rjolivet@ulys.unil.ch
CH-1015 Lausanne Remi.Jolivet@ling.unil.ch
W3 Section de Linguistique: http://www.unil.ch/ling

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 96 17:55:58 -0500
From: Tony Gonzalez-Walker <tonyg@TC.Cornell.EDU>

I have been developing a project for quite some time on visaulizing text
in three-dimensional space. It has some of the properties of a
concordance and you might find it helpful. The web site for the project
is:
http://www.tc.cornell.edu/~tonyg/Language3D/Language.Viz1.html

The site looks and works best on a workstation of some kind but on a good
PC it should also work fine. I would appreciate your perspective on the
project and of those in the humanist list. Can some posting be made with
regards to the Web site? I hope you find the work of some value
and interest.

Respectfully,

Antonio Gonzalez-Walker
Cornell Universtiy