9.737 adaptive tech: Netscape font sizes

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Wed, 17 Apr 1996 19:01:37 -0400 (EDT)

[1] From: Al Magary <almagary@cris.com> (11)
Subject: Re: 9.733 adaptive technologies for the Web

Norm Coombs wrote:
> Yes, a lot of blind people use lynx, but there is an increasing awareness that
> something better is needed. Some windows screen readers have worked well with
> netscape.

Running on a Windows 95 system, my Netscape 2.01, under Options |
Preferences | Fonts, allows a choice of different typefaces (apparently
the ones Windows knows about) and typesizes from 8 to 72 pt. Perhaps
this would work only with newsgroups and email.

As it took me so long to set up Netscape with my current service
provider, right now I'm reluctant to experiment with type sizes.

Al Magary
almagary@concentric.net