9.758 Web review; EPITEST project

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sun, 28 Apr 1996 18:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

[1] From: "Eric S. Rabkin" <esrabkin@umich.edu> (30)
Subject: Sci-Fi Site Review Project

[2] From: Jan Christoph Meister <100306.3565@CompuServe.COM> (23)
Subject: new homepage for EPITEST

Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 12:39:45 -0400
From: "Eric S. Rabkin" <esrabkin@umich.edu>

Fellow HUMANISTs, I submit the following announcement on behalf of an
advanced student of mine who has been developing what looks to become a
very useful model for the distributed reviewing of sites, an important
matter in helping to determine the quality of information on the web.
Please consider participating. Thanks.

Eric

--
Eric S. Rabkin            313-764-2553 (Office)
Dept of English           313-764-6330 (Dept)

--[2]------------------------------------------------------------------ Date: 27 Apr 96 08:49:01 EDT From: Jan Christoph Meister <100306.3565@CompuServe.COM> Subject: new homepage for EPITEST

The EPITEST-project: an experimental software for the analysis of "action"-structures in literary texts

EPITEST is an experimental software for the structural analysis of action structures in literary texts. It is based on concepts central to formalist and structuralist narratology, including the models developed by Vladimir Propp, Claude Bremond, Tzvetan Todorov, Algirdas Greimas and Thomas Pavel. The aim of EPITEST is to facilitate the detailed differential analysis of action-structures in larger samples of pre-encoded literary texts. A detailed, updated description of the EPITEST-project including graphs is now available at the following address:

Any comments, criticism, hints and questions will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Prof.Dr. Jan Christoph Meister Arbeitsstelle zur Sozialgeschichte der Literatur Literaturwissenschaftliches Seminar Universitaet Hamburg Von Melle Park 6 20 146 Hamburg Tel / Fax: 04532-7166 E-Mail: 100 306.3565@ Compuserve.Com or fs6a029@server2.rrz.uni-hamburg-de