10.23 citation and impermanence

Humanist (mccarty@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Tue, 14 May 1996 19:39:30 -0400 (EDT)

[1] From: Dennis Cintra Leite <Dennis@eaesp.fgvsp.br> (20)
Subject: FW: 10.8 impermanence

[2] From: Haradda@aol.com (17)
Subject: Re: 10.14 citation and impermanence

Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 13:11:37 -0300
From: Dennis Cintra Leite <Dennis@eaesp.fgvsp.br>

The cost of electronic storage is falling exponentially. The space needed
for this storage is becoming infinitesimal as compared to a "paper"
library. There is no valid excuse for junking any bibliographical
material whatsoever. I would go as far as saying that throwing away
information is a crime against humanity, closely akin to book burning. As
to the relevance and/or value of this material that is a matter for
present and future scholars to study, judge, say and publish but never to
destroy.

dennis cintra leite
dennis@eaesp.fgvsp.br
sao paulo business school (eaesp/fgv)