10.0480 evidence and argument

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 18:00:43 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Leslie Burkholder <lburkhdl@unixg.ubc.ca> (30)
Subject: Re: 10.0472 evidence and argument?

[2] From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@VMA.SMSU.EDU> (38)

[3] From: "Mark Battersby (x2412)" (37)
<mbatters@claude.CapCollege.BC.CA>
Subject: Re: 10.0477 evidence and argument

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 21:25:37 -0800 (PST)
From: Leslie Burkholder <lburkhdl@unixg.ubc.ca>

I'm not sure how this will be relevant to humanities computing but here
are three textbooks you might want to look at

Ronald Giere, Understanding Scientific Reasoning. Now in its 4th ed.

Colin Howson and Peter Urbach, Scientific Reasoning The Bayesian
Approach. (These guys are at LSE in the philosophy department.)

Davis Baird, Inductive Logic Probability and Statistics

Leslie Burkholder