10.0482 a tattered conclusion to wordplay?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 18:02:22 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Matthew Hansen <matthew.hansen@university- (13)
college.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: 10.0479 wordplay

> Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 08:50:21 -0500 (EST)
> From: Steve Taylor <ussjt@emory.edu>
> >
> Don't know if this was already mentioned, but no collection of
> acronym-derived words could exclude "radar," derived from "RAdio Detecting
> And Ranging" equipment.

And, of course, SCUBA: Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus.
I wonder if this string has not, perhaps, reached its rather frayed
conclusion....

Matthew C. Hansen
University College - Oxford
Oxford OX1 4BH