10.0530 good and bad on WWW

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 19:02:41 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: "[ISO-8859-1] Kivim=E4ki Arto J" (10)
<akivimaki@Elo.Helsinki.fi>
Subject: Advent Calendar in Latin

[2] From: James O'Donnell <jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu> (15)
Subject: help with Xmas cards

[3] From: Sara Vandenberg <saravdb@u.washington.edu> (4)
Subject: Re: 10.0527 e-diss; Italian linguistics; plagarism

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 03:28:36 -0800
From: "[ISO-8859-1] Kivim=E4ki Arto J" <akivimaki@Elo.Helsinki.fi>

Dies natalis Christi advenit. Quid agitur in fabrica Patris Natalis?
What happens in the house of Father Christmas?

Vide:
http://www.yle.fi/ylenykko/natalis/index.html

Arto

-- LABOR FATIGAT --

Arto Kivim{ki
Pitknsillanranta 7-9 b 72
00530 Helsinki
Finland
tel. (90) 766 350

--[2]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 21:22:27 -0500 (EST)
From: James O'Donnell <jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu>

A glitch in a systems upgrade -- I let somebody else upgrade my machine
and I'll never do that again -- lost my "address" directory, so Christmas
cards looked pretty intimidating, until I remembered Yahoo's People
Search:

=09http://www.yahoo.com/search/people/

I had about twenty addresses I couldn't get any other way, and I got 19 of
them from Yahoo. The one exception was the man with a *really* common
first-name/last-name combination and all I remember is that he lives in a
north shore Chicago suburb: about 20 people match that description, so I
had to work at it by calling his office. Otherwise, it's amazingly
effective and quick.

Jim O'Donnell
Classics, U. of Penn
jod@ccat.sas.upenn.edu