10.0543 keyboard problem; on-line lit service?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 16:22:13 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Germaine Warkentin <warkent@chass.utoronto.ca> (19)
Subject: Keyboard problem

[2] From: Emily Rose <erose@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> (1)
Subject: Re: 10.0540 poem found, thanks to Chadwyck-Healey

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 08:21:50 -0500 (EST)
From: Germaine Warkentin <warkent@chass.utoronto.ca>

This is a ridiculous problem, but in the genial spirit of the season,
I submit it to HUMANIST. The letters rub off my keyboard! Since I am
not a touch typist, this is a big problem. In the past I have tried
replacing them: by drawing new ones with nailpolish (too thick), and
by sticking on labels with the letters drawn in felt-pen (they wear off).
I am deeply attached to my keyboard, which has the function keys on the
left -- the only mechanical apparatus I have ever encountered which
was suited to left-handers like me. I am also a rather old-fashioned
person; "make it do" is my motto, and when I am told "hell, throw it
out and get another," I resist. Perhaps, out there in the vast world
of computer supplies there is a solution to this ludicrous dilemma,
but as I prepare yet another set of labels to paste on over the ones I
put on in October, I wonder, what solution, and where? Merry Christmas
to all, and do please advise.

Germaine Warkentin warkent@chass.utoronto.ca
English, Victoria College, University of Toronto