10.0617 call for Webgeist, for security

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 20:30:35 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: H-CLC BD <bdiederi@ucsd.edu> (35)
Subject: Call for Papers: Webgeist

[2] From: minghao@cae.wisc.edu (51)
Subject: conference on security

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 22:55:44 -0800
From: H-CLC BD <bdiederi@ucsd.edu>

NEW CALL FOR WEBGEIST SUBMISSIONS

Webgeist, an electronic magazine for the erudite websurfer, announces its
third Forum issue to be published in April 15, 1997.

Manuscripts of any length will be accepted until APRIL 1, 1997, which may
focus on, from both pragmatic and theoretical perspectives, the present and
future state of American education.

Much has been written/discussed--on the Net, on teevee, in
newspapers, magazines, scholarly journals and anthologies--about the
present and future state of American education. What are your thoughts on
this topic? We hope to compile multiple perspectives into our Forum3 issue. To
view WEBGEIST and submission guidelines go to:

http://www.bsc.nodak.edu/~bjork/webgeist/webgist.html

We also invite responses to any of the previous Forum essays, and will
publish your responses on an ongoing basis. Please make your responses of
sufficient magnitude in order to encourage continuing dialogue on the chosen
topic.

Also, we continue to make our ongoing general call for stories and poems,
book, music, video, film, and CD reviews. Graphic artists are encouraged to
submit small (30-50K) JPG or GIF files of artwork. We accept and publish
fiction, poetry, and reviews on an ongoing basis.

Thanks for your interest!

--patrickB

Patrick Bjork, Ph.D.
Dept. of English
Bismarck State College
http://www.bsc.nodak.edu/~bjork/fallsp.html *
http://www.bsc.nodak.edu/~bjork/webgeist/webgeist.html *
"Nothing can ever happen twice.
In consequence, the sorry fact is
that we arrive here improvised
and leave without the chance to practice."

--Wislawa Szymborska
"Nothing Twice" (1957)

--[2]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 10:05:18 -0500 (EST)
From: minghao@cae.wisc.edu

CALL FOR PAPERS

First World Conference on
Network Assurance of Computer and Communication
(NACC1)

May 29 - June 1, 1997

NACC1 Conference

University of Wisconsin, Madison, WISCONSIN, USA

Brief Description and Themes:

The security problem of computer-communication networks has attracted some
attention in past few years. The human fact of security is almost always
ignored in such consideration. Due to current needs, we have to consider
in the situation when computer people work in an environment where their
own activity and privacy are not secured. In such case, we have to consider
the security problem along with some extra networks which are created by
that environment.

A Star Net is one of such nets where one of the person's security is not
guaranteed, or everyone else can read that person's mind any time. We are
interested in the resolution of how well that computer person could possibly
protect his/her intellectual property.

A Galaxy Net is one of such nets where more than one person is not secured,
or everyone else can read these people's minds any time. We are interested
in the resolution of how well these computer people could possibly protect
their intellectual properties.

Generally, A Di-graph Net is one of such nets where everyone's security of
mind or mind readability by others are specified by a di-graph or a reading
relation. We are interested in the resolution of how well these computer
people could possibly protect their intellectual properties.

In particular, A Chaos Net is Di-graph Net whose corresponding di-graph is
a complete di-graph. Similar resolution is in interests.

In above cases, the computer nets are arbitrary and need to do case studies.

Linguistic and game theory could put into consideration.
Submission:

A copy of extend abstract (maximum 1000 words) of high quality should be send to:

Minghao Lee
424 W. Wilson
Madison, WI 53703
Tel. (608)284-1510

E-mail. minghao@cae.wisc.edu
Groups interested in co-sponsorship are invited to send inquiry to

LMH International
424 West Wilson
Madison, WI 53703, USA