10.0667 citing e-resources?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 22:35:55 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Willard McCarty <Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk> (21)
Subject: citations of electronic resources

This question on behalf of Theresa Wilson <thwilson@pitt.edu>, who
wrote to me asking how to cite electronic resources. Her query is as
follows.

>Hello, there!
>I hope you can help me. We are elementary school in Pennsylvania, USA.
> Our seventh and eighth grade students write research papers each year.
> We are having difficulty finding any directions regarding how to write
>a bibliography entry for information downloaded from the Internet. Your
>site seemed to focus on Inet research - maybe you know the answers I
>need. Thanks in advance!
>Theresa Wilson
>Holy Name Elementary
>Ebensburg, PA

Is there any consensus on bibliographic format? If not, where does one go to
find the possibilities?

Please address your replies both to Humanist and to Ms. Wilson. I
have had, I now think, good luck with replying to her directly, to
the address given above, although the one she supplied
(@cis.vms.pitt.edu) definitely did not work.

Thanks very much.

Dr. Willard McCarty, Senior Lecturer, King's College London
voice: +44 (0)171 873 2784 fax: +44 (0)171 873 5801
e-mail: Willard.McCarty@kcl.ac.uk
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/kis/schools/hums/ruhc/wlm/