10.0696 e-diss? hidden etymologies?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 07:50:16 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Christine Jewell <cjewell@library.uwaterloo.ca> (45)
Subject: ETD questionnaire

[2] From: "Paul [not \"Brian\"] Brians" (15)
<brians@mail.wsu.edu>
Subject: Worn-down place names

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 13:36:48 -0500 (EST)
From: Christine Jewell <cjewell@library.uwaterloo.ca>

Dear fellow Humanist members,
I'm forwarding to you an announcement of a Web-based questionnaire
concerning ETDs -- electronic theses and dissertations. The questionnaire
was designed by a project team at the University of Waterloo.

If you are familiar with an ETD project at your institution, it'd be great
if you would contribute to the survey. If not, perhaps you could forward
this announcement to someone you know who would be interested in
submitting a response.

Team members are finding that some ETD issues are quite tricky. Various
institutions are handling the issues differently. Our first step is to try
to gather as much information as we can.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Christine Jewell
Electronic Thesis Project Team
University of Waterloo

University of Waterloo
Ontario, Canada
February 12, 1997
ETD Questionnaire

The Electronic Thesis Project Team at the University of Waterloo is
investigating governance issues and technical feasibility of
submission, storage and distribution of ETDs at our institution.

The initial phase of this project is concerned with information gathering;
to this end, the team has developed an Electronic Theses and
Dissertations questionnaire.

The purpose of the survey is to collect information about Electronic
Theses and Dissertations (ETDs). Specifically, this questionnaire is
designed to query the state of implementation of information technology at
universities in support of the electronic submission, distribution and
storage of theses and dissertations and to explore associated issues.

The survey is directed toward individuals at post-secondary institutions
(e.g. in the Graduate Office or the Library) who have knowledge of current
and/or planned practice for submission, storage, preservation, and
distribution of theses and dissertations at their institution.

If you are such a person please take the time to complete the
questionnaire. If you know of someone that you think would provide useful
input to this survey, please let them know about it.

The questionnaire is located at the URL:
http://library.uwaterloo.ca/~uw-etpt/survey.html

Thank you,
UW Electronic Thesis Project Team (ETPT)
uw-etpt@library.uwaterloo.ca
http://library.uwaterloo.ca/~uw-etpt/etpt.htm