10.0793 OCR? WordCluster? source?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:42:11 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: Nico Weenink <noki@worldonline.nl> (19)
Subject: Software O.C.R.

[2] From: Tom Horton <tom@cse.fau.edu> (34)
Subject: WordCluster text retrieval program

[3] From: "Paul [not \"Brian\"] Brians" (27)
<brians@mail.wsu.edu>
Subject: Can you identify this story?

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:42:27 +0100
From: Nico Weenink <noki@worldonline.nl>

Dear collegues,

I bought a Hewlett Packard HP 4P flatbed scanner a few weeks ago. After a
period of scanning and experimenting with pictures I would like change more
over to scanning text. I worked with OmniPage Pro for about a year or so
and I liked it a lot. But maybe there is other, better software available
for this. Can someone help me out? Any comments are very welcome. Thanks in
advance.

Sincerely,

Nico.

Nico Weenink