10.0788 new on & about WWW: character sets, Exemplaria, commerce

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 09:45:14 +0000 (GMT)

[1] From: John Price-Wilkin <jpwilkin@umich.edu> (11)
Subject: character set resources from HTI

[2] From: "R. A. Shoaf" <rashoaf@clas.ufl.edu> (36)
Subject: EXEMPLARIA at Kalamazoo: WWW Preprint

[3] From: Dan Price <dprice@union1.tui.edu> (22)
Subject: A recent Posting

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 22:13:08 -0500 (EST)
From: John Price-Wilkin <jpwilkin@umich.edu>

For persons interested in character set and font support issues, the
following two resources are provided:

(1) Scholar's Press makes available a public domain Greek font (SPIonic)
with support for diacritics and breathings. Instructions and an sdata.map
for adding support for SPIonic to SoftQuad's Panorama are provided at:
http://www.hti.umich.edu/sgml/panorama/greek.html

(2) A paper on the "Options for Presentation of Multilingual Text: Use of
the Unicode Standard," with particular attention provided to the Web and
humanities computing, is provided at:
http://dns.hti.umich.edu/htistaff/pubs/1997/janete.01/