10.0855 all-points; Katherine Sharp; fellowships

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 23:06:59 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: Stefan Sinclair <4ss42@qsilver.queensu.ca> (23)
Subject: Re: all points addressibility (fwd)

[2] From: Kevin Ward <kevin.ward@GSFC.NASA.GOV> (26)
Subject: Katharine Sharp Review #4 Available

[3] From: bobevans@strudel.aum.edu (44)
Subject: Summer Fellowships -- Please Forward

--[1]----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 13:04:33 +0000
From: Stefan Sinclair <4ss42@qsilver.queensu.ca>

Some time ago I had proposed to Dr. Willard to include in his
regular list of "new on the web" a page that I had been working on
to automatically create links between occurences of words in an HTML
document. At the time, he expressed interest in the idea but very
rightly suggested that I provide much better explanations as to how
the system works. Well, since then I haven't had (taken the) time to
change anything, but I couldn't resist replying to a recent message
about making a document hypertextual within itself:

> > > This way you would not have to create anchors inside a document, but the
> > > complete text of the document itself would be adressable.

Here's the link to the site together with a warning that it is a work
in progress and of more interest conceptually than practically. It's
intended to be several things at once but mainly a dynamic frequency
list generator of words and word clusters (at the moment it is very
unintelligent).

<http://qsilver.queensu.ca/cgi-bin/webfren/4ss42/hyperpo.cgi>
(frames needed)

As I've said, it's been neglected for a couple of months but I'm
going to polish it up for a poster and demonstration in June, so I
would very much welcome all comments and suggestions.
Stefan Sinclair - Queen's University
<http://qsilver.queensu.ca/~4ss42/>
QI: <http://qsilver.queensu.ca/QI/>