10.0875 adaptive technology URLs?

WILLARD MCCARTY (willard.mccarty@kcl.ac.uk)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 22:37:25 +0100 (BST)

[1] From: "Kathy E. Gill" <kegill@halcyon.com> (15)
Subject: Re: 10.0864 access for the blind

[Perhaps someone would be kind enough to provide some of the URLs referred
to in the following message. For those of you who remember the last time
this question was asked and who are inclined to impatience, please reflect
on the value of revisiting important questions, especially in areas
affected by progress! --WM]

At 11:24 PM +0100 4/17/97, WILLARD MCCARTY wrote:
> I have a friend who is blind and who would like to enjoy regular
>access to the internet. Can anyone recommend programs she might be able
>to use? Her typing skills are excellent. Thanks -- Bob Evans
>(bobevans@strudel.aum.edu)

Bob -- there are lots of products on the market for your friend, from
Braille output to speech output. There are a lot of accessibility sites on
the Web -- I don't have URLs right now, however ....

Kathy

Kathy E. Gill, publisher
eNetDigest - http://www.enetdigest.com/
MacFacts - http://www.halcyon.com/kegill/mac/
mailto:kegill@enetdigest.com

Thought for the day:
"A different world cannot be built by indifferent people."